Do you know who you are as a brand? If you in a company with more then one employ do you all share the same gut feeling? You need to know who you are as a brand and your target audience to be able to talk to them in the correct manner and the correct places.
Can you (with clarity and confidence) answer the following questions:
What are your F.B.V? (features, benefits & values?)
• Features are the tangible products (What is the service/ product you sell)
• Benefits are the advantages users get from them (a brighter smile).
• Values are the underlying motivations that cause people to buy (self-confidence).
What is your value proposition?
• What value do you add to people’s lives?
• What Value do your end users get out of it?
What is your elevator pitch?
• In 30 seconds can you tell someone about your business? Narrow down what it is you are and what you do, then go out and tell people, after the 30 seconds are they confused by who you are? How you make people’s lives better, and how they can take advantage of it?
What is your Global Business Objective?
• Your GBO is the driving force that motivates all you do as a brand. It is your overarching WHY. Why do you do what you do?
What are your K.P.I Key Performance Indicators?
• How do you know if you’re on track with reaching your GBO? By what measures are you gauging success? (By the way, if you say “money”, that’s the wrong answer)
What is your process?
• How do your users take advantage of your offer? Can you simplify the process in 3-4 steps, helping your customers visualise what it’s going to be like working with you?
Brand voice is the uniformity in the selection of words, the attitude and values of the brand while addressing the target audience or others. It is how a brand conveys its brand personality to the external audience.
Your voice is made up of:
- How you talk over a phone
- Through a letter
- Over social Media
- Or other communication sources
If you can answer those questions, congratulations! You should have some solid marketing copy you can use when promoting your brand!
You may be asking your self why? How do you know this? Well, If you copy and pastes these questions or wrote them down on paper, then within that you have written keywords to help drive your business forward, these words paired with information on your target audience can help you write the copy within your printed and online marketing.
That's it for this post, you should now have a better understanding of what branding, marketing and the type of marketing you can use. On top of this, you should have hopefully answered some of the questions above giving you a better idea on how your brand sounds like within advertisement. (those questions are highly recommended that you do them since they WILL lay the groundwork for moving forward with marketing)
That's it for this post, I hope you know have a better understanding of who you are as a brand and lay the foundation on the types of messages and tone you can deliver with your marketing.
Next week I will be talking about, How much does branding cost. Don’t forget to head over to the Marketing blog section to see all our other marketing posts: http://bit.ly/2JksZN6